And here is the work around for C2636 on Ubuntu:
- Go to the http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting
- Select Printers -> Xerox -> WorkCentre C2424, then press Show.
- I tried the PPD file which from cljet5 by click direct download PDD, and it works great for me.
- After you download the PPD file, select System -> Administration -> Printing.
- Click New Printer, and Select AppSocket/HP JetDirect in Devices window.
- Type the IP address into Host field. Then click Forward button.
- Wait for next screen to pop-up, then select Provide PPD file, choose the location of the PPD file which you downloaded above and click Forward.
- Give the Short Name in next window, and type the IP address for that printer in Location field. Then click Apply.
- Now everything is set, you can double click the printer icon that you just created. And print a test page.