You can find the completion Guide from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager/CompizFusion.
And here I just list the simply steps to get Compiz installed and run:
- Go to System -> Preferences -> Appearance, and select Visual Effects tab and click on Extra. You may be prompted to install restricted drivers and if so, please click Yes, if not: you will have a few effects enabled by default.
- Install CompizConfig Settings Manager. Just open a terminal windows and type the following command:
sudo apt-get install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager
- Then go to System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager and enable Desktop Cube, Rotate Cube and Cube Reflection and Deformation. You can also select other settings as you wish.
- Go to General Options, on the last tab Desktop Size, set the Horizontal Virtual Size to 4. And now you will have a spinning cube. See this:
To trigger it, press Ctrl + Alt + LeftClick or Ctrl + Alt + LeftButton on the mouse and drag to spin it.
You may also use Ctrl + Alt + DownArrow to unfold it and then LeftArrow/RightArrow to move around the unfolded cube.
- Now you can go back to CompizConfig Settings Manager to try some other cool effects.
Although the spinning cube is cool, but Compare iPC OSx86 which running on my Dell Desktop, I will still prefer OSx86, because it's real of Mac OS.